

24 July 2009
Today’s post will be brief as we need to prepare to leave for Almaty.
We had dinner with all the other families and Lukas Anton did very well for his first time in a real restaurant. We were quite pleased.
He didn’t want to go to bed last night and it took some coaxing. He actually slept for 6 hours straight before waking up. Of course that means he was awake at 3am. No nightmares though just a lot of moaning off and on. I thought he woke up because he needed to us the toilet. Ends up he wanted to eat. He headed to the fridge and began pointing to things he wanted and asking if he could have it. So at 3am we had a wedge of cheese, yogurt and apple juice.
He then decided it was the usual routine and we would go outside after eating. He took it pretty well when I said no. We headed back to bed and I rocked him a little and put him down. He laid there for a few minutes and then proceeded to take his shirt off. We figured he was hot, then he took the rest of his clothes off and we knew he was headed to the shower. Again he took it pretty well when I said no and put his underpants back on. Again I rocked him for a while, gave him his sippy cup and when he got drowsy I put him down again. This time he stayed down. So by 4am we were all back to sleep. It is almost 7am and he is still sleeping soundly.
So the next adventure will be his first train ride. Did I mention it is ten hours long? Most of it over night and we have a complete sleeper car with for seats that convert into beds. Hopefully he will sleep most of the way. It should be a good test for being cooped up in a plane for a long time. We will be met by the Almaty coordinator, Oleg, upon arriving on Saturday morning.
We are not sure if we will have easy internet access there but if we do we will post again. Otherwise it may be Frankfurt before we get the chance to send another post. We will find out the schedule for our Almaty visits when we get there. He is to be seen by the SOS Clinic for a physical exam and then he is to have a US Embassy appointment to get his US entry Visa and the mysterious sealed envelope we are to give to Immigration when we arrive at Dulles.
Until next time, Paka
Wayne, Lynda and Lukas
It sounds like's all of you are having fun already. I don't know if you will be up for it so soon, but we are having a little cookout on Sunday the 2nd of August and Aliza (my grandaughter)& Jamie will be there. We would all love to meet Lukas but I will understand if the family is busy. See you soon. Jackie
ReplyDeleteOh My Friends,
ReplyDeleteWelcome to parenthood and you are sure getting a full dose!! It will take a while for the adjustments on all ends but after all of the preparation that you two have done--he couldn't be in better hands!! We are so thrilled for you and cannot wait to meet the little guy in person on Thursday. Our love and prayers, as always, are with you! Give Lukas a big hug and a kiss from Aunt Rebecca!
Hope the train ride goes well. We will anxiously await your next post. Roy, Kathy & Joann are excited to hear that Lukas is not shy - and would adjust well in Texas. (HAHA)
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom & Dad Robey
Janet,
ReplyDeleteYou read my mind :)
Rebecca,
Will pass on the hug.
Jackie,
We will see how he is adjusting. We might stop in and if he get's out of control will have to leave but I would love to see Jamie. We will let you know.
Dear Lynda and Wayne,
ReplyDeleteI am out of breath just reading your post! I know you are looking forward to just walking in your front door and shutting the whole world out for a while! Good Luck this week and safe travels!
Love,
Rebecca