I was rushing around to get on the road as soon as possible and didn't think to call his after care to let them know he wouldn't be there. While going to get him I decided to pull my phone out in case someone called only to find Goddard had called because Lukas didn't arrive on the bus. Some of the other kids mentioned he had been to see the school nurse. I unintentionally set off a minor panic because they called Wayne when they couldn't reach me. I hadn't called him yet so he didn't know what was going on. Lesson learned was don't expect the school staff to tell Mr. Tom that Lukas isn't riding the bus because he is in the nurses office waiting to be picked up. I'm at least glad to know they followed up when he didn't arrive as usual.
It ended up that he had pink eye and an ear infection. He showed none of his usual signs and hadn't had ay ear problems since he had his tubes in and adenoids out. This seems to be a recurring event that he gets sick in December. He has been sent home sick three years running now. So he was banished from both schools foe 24 hours. Guess who got to go to mommies party again this year after all?!
He was very good all morning in the office. It didn't hurt that I brought the new IPad . He spent most of the morning and a lot of the party glued to it. Occassionally he let someone else have a try.
With his friend Ms. Jessica

Socializing.....

Showing off his gift from the gift exchange game. He stole it away from Mr. Bobby. I dared anyone to take a toy from a child!

My boss took this photo of Me and Likas.
No comments:
Post a Comment