Sunday, December 11, 2011

Annual Making of the Gingerbread Creations

Every year since Lukas has been a part of our family he and I have done gingerbread together. the first year it was little gingerbread bear cookies. The next year it was little houses. I got quite ambitious this year and we did a house and train. Wayne Documented it because Lukas needed to do a presentation on a holiday tradition for school.

First mom assembles the house and puts on the icing so Lukas can add decorations.



Lukas was multitasking; he can decorate and watch sponge bob at the same time!


Those. baby skittles are slippery and bounce well on the floor. Needless to say several of them ended up on the floor.



Lukas decided he needed a better perch to do his decorating.



And after a lot of yelling and screaming from mommie because the train wouldn't stay up we finally finished. Lukas kept reporting to Anton the elf about mommie's bad behavior. It's no wonder Lukas acts the way he does sometimes when he gets frustrated. he has a great teacher....me! Guess I better try and keep myself under better control since I don't like seeing it re-enacted by my son. Had a nice chat about why mommie shouldn't act that way and neither should he. It was also suggested by someone that maybe we should skip the gingerbread in the future. Nah, I'll just try to not take it so seriously next year and skip the train. Maybe I should get a kit where the structure is already together;)





The train engine stayed together long enough to get some photos but eventually ended up in the trash. You can't have a Christmas train without an engine! I guess we could have eaten it instead. I wasn't thinking clearly in the heat of the moment /:0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter