I don't think I have to tell you that Lukas had a great time at the Circus today. Considering it was during naptime he did very well. He was so excited we couldn't get him to eat his lunch. He was very good walking by all the vendors as we made our way to our seats. He asked but kept moving when we said after the show. He finally broke us down during intermission. Doesn't help when the vendors are right in your face non-stop. Lukas of course chose the light up sabre. We had to keep reminding him to be careful not to wack anyone around us with it. His enjoyed the animal acts the most and the clowns came in second. Here is a glimpse of our afternoon in photos.
Waiting for it to start

I didn't know they opened the Circus with the Star Spangled Banner.

Helping the "Zing" master levitate people


The highwire act was right in front of us. We were in the 4th row from the floor.




If you look closely at the ring of fire you will see an acrobat was flying through it.



This is where the sabre comes in...




Lukas' favorite. He kept asking about them ever since the opening act. They made the elephants lay down and take a nap.







I have mixed feelings about the tiger act. It was the only time I felt the animals in the act felt forced to perform.





As we headed home Lukas finally ate something and was playing with his sabre. After about 4 blocks of city traffic it I noticed he was very quiet. This is what I saw when I looked in the mirror. The stickers are the art work he did on the way to church this morning. And no, I did not take this photo while I was driving, I waited until we pulled in the garage at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment