Thursday, August 6, 2009

Home for 1 week

It is hard to believe we have been home with Lukas for 1 week already. He does not like going down for a nap, tests us constantly but at least falls to sleep at night fairly easily. Now that we have the bed rails he will sleep for 6 hours straight before stirring. I can usually get him to go back to sleep once before he wants out of the bed. He will usually fall back to sleep in our bed until 6 or 7am.

He loves riding on his bike (with a little help from Mama and Papa). He tolerates the car seat but likes going for rides. He had his first doctors appt. on Tuesday and was a real trooper. We go back Monday for his first set of catch up vaccines. It appears he never had MMR and a few others. They said he only needs 5 altogther between now and his birthday in December to be all caught up.

We are currently waiting to for an appointment with the Kennedy Krieger International Adoption Clinic for a developmental assessment to see where he really is speech and psycho motor wise. We are also in the process of locating a pediatric dentist to have his teeth looked at. That was the only real concern the doctor had after his evaluation. Otherwise she was quite pleased with his overall health. He has already gained another pound in the last week.

Yesterday (Wednesday) was quite the trying day all around. He was really testing us and mama wasn't having a good day to begin with. I broke the coffee carafe before I even got to make my coffee! Papa gave me a break for a while and he took care of Lukas while Mama went grocery shopping and bought a new coffee carafe for the coffee maker. Yes, that's right I referred to grocery shopping by myself as a break and it was quite the nice respite just to be alone for a couple of hours.

Grandma and Grandpa Robey came for a visit this morning and brought Great Grandma with them. I think he one her over. He seems to have a real liking for Grandpa Jimmy.

We are still working on the toothbrushing. He let me use my Oral B on him the past two mornings. He surprised me this afternoon by coming into the room with his toothbrush and was trying to brush his own teeth. I don't know what brought that on but whatever works.

That's all for now because the little one is awake from his nap and I hear water running.

1 comment:

Site Meter