We arrived at Umit this morning for our first visit as Lukas Anton’s actual parents. Zema brought him in from playing outside. He was a little quieter than he had been in previous days but went straight to the back pack to see what was inside. He pulled out some food and had a few bites and then appeared to be mad because I was paying attention to Symbat. I played around with him a little and he seemed to snap out of it.
We decided to go out side with him and he suddenly didn’t seem interested an anything which is very unusual for him. When I picked him up I noticed he appeared to be warm. Fever warm not because it was hot outside. I basically carried him outside to the gazebo and all he wanted to do was sleep. Wayne and I took turns holding him while he slept for about an hour. Janette came out and was surprised to see him sleeping. She agreed that she thought he might have a temperature. She fetched the doctor who came outside to check him out. She agreed that he was sick and took him inside to check him further. End result, the little guy has strep throat which several other children in his group also have. At least I am assuming it is strep because she gave him an antibiotic shot and gave the new parents their first prescription for more antibiotics and something for his appetite. Definitely not like our son to not want to eat. Janette is getting the prescription filled and will bring us the bill this afternoon. Yes, since we are his parents now, we pick up the tab. The doctor promised to have him good and strong for us when we return to pick him up to take him home on our next trip.
The adoption decree becomes official on July 10th as long as no one appeals it during the 15 day appeal period. Once it is official Janette will submit all the paperwork she has filled out to begin collecting all the new documents we need before we can take him home. Since our visas are only good for one month she will have to wait until our return with our next visas to file some document so we will be in Taraz for around 5 days on the next trip instead of just 2-3. She surprised us today by telling us that we can plan to come back on July 18th or 19th because Lukas will be ready to be set free from Umit around the 20th or 21st. That seems to be record time to us considering other families’ timelines but we aren’t complaining. So we might make it back to the USA before July is over.
We were going to take his passport picture today but he was in no condition for that as you can see by the two photos we took today.


Here are a few pictures from around Umit and Jackie the last one is especially for you. Wayne captured a shot of this tiny hummingbird in the Bee Balm.






(If you click on the photo it will enlarge it so you can see it better.)
Paka,
Lynda and Wayne
Dear Lynda and Wayne,
ReplyDeleteMy lasst check of the blog before we head out to Arizona. My back issues are uncomfortable but bearable (hope it stays that way for the trip). Safe travels to you!! We are back on July 7 and will call. Prayers continue. Can't wait to meet the new little guy. Hope he feels better soon!
Love, Rebecca