Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Updated with photos on 5/16/2011

Rose from our last Muffins with Mommy Day at Goddard and carnation from church

He made this for me in Sunday School



Lukas found this hat at his Aunt Cheryl's. Of course he had to try it on.



Two years ago we were in Taraz during our bonding visit. That was the first time Lukas gave me a kiss. It's hard to believe that was 2 years ago already.

Well, another Mother's Day has come and gone. I was treated to a quiet morning to myself before church. When I came downstairs Lukas greeted me with a card and box of chocolates and a cheerful,"Happy Mother's Day!" Friday we had our last Muffins with Mom morning at Goddard since he will be going straight to school next year. We enjoyed our muffins together and he picked a rose for me out of the bucket. He made sure when I picked him up in the afternoon that I still had it.

After Sunday School I was greeted with a loud, "MOM!" and he handed me a poster he made with his handprint that he had colored. Our church has the tradition of handing out carnations to all the moms after church and Lukas made sure I had one.

After church Lukas played with the neighbors kids and mommy got to relax some. Then we headed to Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Butch's house for dinner with the family.

All and all it was a lovely day. Happy Mother's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter