Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was a relatively low key, quiet day as we prepared for Santa's arrival and Christmas Eve services. It has become our tradition that we attend services with Wayne's parents at the little Methodist Church in Daniels and then have dinner with them. Prior to Lukas, Wayne and I would then attend the 11pm service at my Lutheran Church since I sing in the choir. I use to sing at both the 8 and 11pm service. Since we have Lukas, I now attend the 11pm service solo while Wayne takes Lukas home to put out cookies and milk for Santa and go to bed.

This year Lukas insisted on holding the candle at the earlier service. It made mommy a little nervouse since the church is a wooden structure and the pews are wood and there is lots of paper material in each pew. Mr. Lukas kept wanting to hold his candle down low in the pew. I am happy to report that the church is still standing.

We then had an enjoyable meal with grandaddy and grandma in our pjs. It was a good thing because Lukas fell asleep in the car on the way home and never woke back up. By the time I got home at 1am Santa had been to visit and papa was waiting up by the fire.

SANTA MADE A STOP AT THE ROBEYS















GIFT FROM LUKAS TO MAMA AND PAPA HIDING IN THE TREE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter