Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lukas in Action...problem solving 101

In order to keep Lukas from leaving the house without us we have put covers on the doors. Mr. Smarty pants has figured out how to take them off so we have now duct taped them to keep him from removing them. So how does one keep the door open so he can get out? This is one of two methods Lukas has figured out. I can't leave him alone for a minute.




Note regarding the socks...Lukas dressed himself.

His other method that he figured out a while ago was to be sure he is the one that gets to close the door and he makes sure it only looks like it is closed. We figured that one out and he gets irritated when we go back and make sure the door is completely shut.

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! We also had to duct tape the knob covers for a while. We had to get a special cover for our lever door, and it finally got ripped off. He has gotten better and doesn't go outside without asking. Boys sure are tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When our oldest were little I bought these stick on door alarms at Bed Bath and Beyond. They have 2 parts, one goes on the door frame the other right next to it on the door. They are magnetic, so when the door is opened the magnetic field is broken and the alarm sounds. We had lever doors and the girls knew how to open them. I wanted to make sure I knew if one of them was trying to get outside. Alina and Reina can't quite reach the knobs for our outside doors yet, so I haven't had to worry about it for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter