Well today was quite a productive day. I downloaded all the children's songs to baby Kaz's ipod, added a bunch to my ipod, signed up for skype, got our travel insurance, ordered our rental phone for while we are in Kaz, registered our trip with the US Embassy in Kaz, got all our documents ready for notarization, organized our papers we need to take with us, moved some money around, made our final payment to our IA agency (at least I think it is our last payment), paid our taxes and started our checklists. I'm exhausted and Wayne's the one who was doing all the manual labor in the yard!
This weekend wasn't all work, we did get some social time in as well. Last night we went to the 2nd gathering of class of 1973 from Calvery Lutheran Elementary School. Wayne is quite the good sport to go with me since the first one back in September he knew no one. The group is gradually expanding as we locate more classmates. We had 4 additional classmates (and family)and our 5th grade teacher with us this time. Alot of memories and old photos were shared. I am amazed at how we have picked right back up inspite of most of us not having seen each other for 30+ years. The commoradory and genuine interest is quite something. I guess there is something to be said for small, parochial schools. I look forward to the next get together and wish my four former classmates who are running as a relay team in an upcoming marathon well.
That's all for now,
Lynda
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, I am a good sport
ReplyDeleteYou think you are exhausted now! lol! Just wait!
ReplyDelete