Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good News, Bad News kind of Day

Well, we received an update from our caseworker today regarding the status of our coveted LOI. It has been approved by the MOE in Taraz and is currently in Astana for the final sign-off and will then be on it's way to AA in Chicago. Yipeee! That's the good news.

The bad news is that our travel dates have been pushed back to end of March/beginning of April. It appears there was a snag in the paperwork regarding the child they are attempting to match us with and the date the child is expected to clear the database for adoption has been moved back to the end of March/beginning of April. Thus, we have to wait if we want to try and be matched with this child. Bummer, more waiting!

I guess it is a good thing we updated our USCIS fingerprints because it looks like we will be out of the country during the time we would have needed to do that.

Seeing as I am an optimist, I guess the silver lining in this current cloud is the following:

1. The weather should be warmer

2. We have more time to learn Russian

3. We have more time to get ready to travel

4. Our LOI is actually on it's way

5. We will know any time now some specifics as to when we will travel

6. I will be in town to attend a suprise party for a good friend I haven't seen in a while

Such is life in the adoption world.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you have this delay but much better to get there & everything is in order rather than waiting whilst in Kaz. And it will be much nicer weather & Taraz is beautiful in Spring time ! Hugs Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. It will be worth the wait. Love you guys. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thinking about you and praying. Just be patient a little longer and eveything will work out for the best. Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter